These are simple and easy tips…the trick is to actually put them into play.
1. Have a protein shake BEFORE dinner to keep you full.
2. Worst case, have the shake after dinner rather than ice cream. Blend it with lots of ice cubes and unsweetened almond milk.
3. Eat more vegetables at dinner. The more greens, the better. Learn to love spices, garlic, and seasonings.4. Stay out of the kitchen/dining area after you are done eating. Removing yourself from the eating area helps.
5. Eat an apple, pear, or orange rather than a sugar-laden dessert.
6. Eat dinner later or go to bed earlier. The longer you are up, the harder it is to fight the cravings.
7. Buy pistachios (IN the shell). 49 pistachios equals 160 calories and 6g protein. Compare that to 14 chips at 160 cals and 1g protein. But only eat the pistachios if necessary.
8. Drink a club soda. Have a Green Tea. Drink flavored water (that’s 3 tips -bonus!)
9. Keep the junk out of the house.10. Brush your teeth or chew gum after dinner.
11. Stay busy. Catch up on chores, play with your kids, go walk with your spouse – just not eating.
Those 11 tips will save the day!
What you are doing now is 10x’s better than what you
were doing last week, so keep going, and know that I
am proud of you.