Losing weight and keeping it off has become a bit of a rarity. We all know people who lose weight and keep it off for a little while and then go back to their old ways and regain the weight. If you’re lucky you only gain it back…many go beyond!
Understanding the problem better helps lead you to real solutions. Time to get off the weight loss / weight gain roller coaster.
Instead of you trying the latest diet fad, I’ve put together a few things that will help you stay on track.
6 reasons why you fall off the wagon
1. No focus: you didn’t set goals, you didn’t put your goals
in writing, and or you didn’t keep your goals in mind daily
2. No priorities: you may have set a goal, but you didn’t
put it on or near the top of your priorities list. For
example, your goal is six-pack abs, but drinking wine and
eating fast food on the weekend is higher on your priorities
list than having a flat/fit stomach.
3. No support system: you tried to go at it alone; no buddy
system, training partners, family, spouse, friends, mentors
or coaches to turn to for information and emotional support
when the going got tough.
4. No Accountability: you didn’t keep score for your own
accountability – with a progress chart, weight record,
measurements, food journal, training journal, and you didn’t
set up external accountability (ie, report to someone else
or show your results to someone else)
5. No patience: you were only thinking short-term and had
unrealistic expectations. You expected 10 pounds a week or
5 pounds a week or 3 pounds a week, so the first week you
lost “only” 1 or 2 pounds or hit a plateau, you gave up.
6. No planning: you winged it. You got the idea that you need to exercise and get healthy so you hit the gym. No plan, no schedule, no direction. How do you get somewhere when you don’t know where you going? So then, you lose interest and excuses become easier than reasons.
6 mistakes that cause most people to fall off the wagon. Are you guilty of any of these? If so, the solutions are clear and simple:
- Get support
- Be accountable
- Be patient
The 30 day weight loss challenge Starts January 1st – are you in?
Workout of the Day (workout with me!)
www.mybreakthroughacademy.com – JOIN TODAY and get a friend to join with you!