It really isn’t fair that the last couple of posts have been about telling you what you should avoid or minimize in your diet. (Remember diet means the nutrition you intake in the form of food, supplements and water…not the removal of foods you eat.)
So to be fair, here is a post not about what you need to avoid, but instead how you can clean the junk out of your body….DETOXIFICATION!!
I know what you’re thinking “Woo hoo. Carrie’s going to talk about bodily functions…I think I’ll leave now.” If you know anything about me, you know that is a road I’m not going down.
A lot of people have a preconceived notion about detoxing. But I’ve noticed that not too many really know what it’s all about. You take some pills, some powders, some potions, go to the bathroom for a week and, “TA DA” 20 less pounds of rotting meat gone from your bowels. What you just read is called marketing, sales copy or smoke and mirrors. It doesn’t happen like that and have you ever noticed the disclaimer, “Results may vary.” That is about the most honest part of those infomercials.
Detoxing is so much more than that and here is the surprise…it can’t truly be done!!!
Breathing? You are creating toxins. Moving? You are creating toxins. Alive? You are creating toxins. You are a carbon based life form. Everything you do creates a toxin within you one way or another.
Sure, you can be sold on expensive products that claim to detoxify you. You can try all sorts of potions that make promises that just can’t be kept, OR, you can make some sensible choices, that are good, good for you, easy on your wallet and can be easily integrated into your life.
The Fabulous Five Steps to Cleaner Living
- Pump up the morning coffee by drinking a cup of green tea before or after it. Make your tea and coffee with distilled water. Repeat the tea 3 times per day.
- Make all your snacks in the raw…no not that kind of raw…without cooking them. Veggies, fruits, nuts, lentils, etc – unprocessed, organic and colourful.
- One meal of your day should be a large leafy salad. Spinach, broccoli, kale, with sprouts, berries, fruit, etc.
- Three high quality, lean meat proteins per day with a supplement of a protein shake. (Insert product placement here) Health and Fitness Systems Protein, formulated by and only available from ME!!
- Water, water, water. One glass of water every time you eat. Thats 3 snacks and 3 meals = 6 glasses, (normal size…not one liter jugs or gallon mugs)
That’s it! Pretty simple right?
Anyone can handle that. You will lose weight, clean tissues and feel better…ok and yes, you will spend quality time in your bathroom!
These last few reminders really go without saying, but I’ll say them.
Reduce: Sugar, processed carbs, unhealthy fat
Eliminate: Alcohol, Tobacco, Stress
When you do the Fabulous Five and compliment that with Boot Camp or sensible exercise, I will guarantee your results. The more committed you are, the greater the results are that you will experience.
Have you ever tried a Detox Program. Were the results all that you were told they will be? Let me know, I’d love to hear about the experiences.