Why is it the when the weekend comes a lot of people
fall jump off the wagon? Some people throw the rules out the window in terms of their good food and exercise goals.
“I’ve done so great all week, I’m going to treat myself. Just a little something special. A few drinks with friends, maybe some dessert. I owe it to myself.”
That mentality is NOT #WINNING (Hey what can I say, Charlie’s in town). That is an attitude destined for failure.
The truth is the damage you decide to do on the weekend often sets you back so far that you end up working all week hard just to get back on track. At best you battle those extra calories just to break even. You don’t get ahead. You waste positive results gained from Monday to Friday just to blow it up on Saturday and Sunday. Then they wonder why the scale isn’t moving. Frustration sets in, self-doubt creeps up and then…the towel is thrown in and they give?
Sound familiar? Am I talking about you? Well, remember; I’ve been there, I’ve done that, I’ve felt the same way. So, I offer you this advice from experience.
- Decide right now as you are reading this that you are going to take charge of your health.
- Decide that you will not go on a food bender
- Decide that you will grocery shop for healthy food
- Decide that on Sunday you will make a few meals for the week ahead
- Decide to exercise
- Decide to treat your body with respect (eating junk is totally disrespectful. You might as well eat dog food-most fast food is dog food grade meat–think about that for a sec)
- Decide that your health is your foundation. Without your foundation you have nothing to support you.
- Decide to be a role model for your children / family
- Decide and commit to your goal
- Decide that food cannot fill some emotional gap
- Focus on yourself
- Focus on what will make you healthier
- Focus on what will help you get to your goal
- Focus on your goal
- Focus on people who will support and encourage you, not those that want to take you down and tempt you with food so you can be miserable like them. Yeah, I said it, you know who you are.
- Focus on getting endless energy
Get fired up about your life!
It is after all what you make it. You can be sad that your clothes don’t fit or you can be focused on getting to your ideal size and making them fit!
If you know anything about me, you know I am cheering for you right now (wooooooohoooooo). I want you to be healthy. I want you to be happy. I want you to get excited about life. I want you to be the healthiest and BEST you possible!
Decide and focus!
Let me know if you need a few more wooooooohoooooo’s to keep you going!!!