I am excited about the opening of the Smurfs Adventure today!! Bringing back the childhood memories. And on that note, here is a Blue recipe to start your day! Too late for breakie now? No worries, this will make a great Saturday morning starter.
The second recipe is one that my kids ask for at least twice a week. They love it!! If there are any leftovers, they can be used the next day for lunch in a sandwich or a salad! (See, make a little extra food at night and you have already started your next day plans right.)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free oats-would be better)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Put rolled oats in food processor and blend oatmeal to a fine powder.
- Add remaining ingredients, except blueberries, into food processor and blend until batter forms (about 10 seconds).
- Heat skillet, pour batter into a hot skillet, making 4 pancakes and add your blueberries.
- Cook until lightly brown and then flip over and cook the other side until lightly brown.
- To make them Smurf-tastic mix the blueberries into all of the ingredients and blend!
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth(low sodium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (garlic lover over here, I used 3-4 cloves instead)
- On hard surface with meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Press lemon-pepper seasoning evenly on both sides of chicken.
- In large fry pan, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning once, about 7 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. I covered it while cooking and thus only had to cook it for about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken to warm serving platter; keep warm.
- In medium bowl, mix together vinegar, broth and garlic; add to fry pan. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up brown meat bits, about 2-5 minutes or until mixture is reduced and syrupy.
- Place chicken back into the mixture or pour mixture over chicken and serve.