I drink a lot of water. If you’ve been following me for any length of time you already know that and you know I love flavoring my water. I do it in many ways but my favorite was is with fresh fruit. Simple plain fresh fruit. Sometimes it’s berries, other times melon but my standard fall back it lemon.
This weekend I added a little something extra, not the first time I’ve made this one but it reminded my how good it is and it has become my new goto summer drink. Lemon, lime and cucumber.
It tastes freakin’ awesome and the health benefits??? Second to a natural none! But let me break it all down for you.
Lemon is nature’s bleach. It cleans and disinfects you from the inside out…it’s like using Purell on your hands and we all know to a germaphobe how goods that is. Try it from the inside out. While drinking Purell may kill you, lemon water will clean you.
- Lemons are acidic by nature so they help to keep the all important pH levels of your body in check.
- Lemons can help the body stave off (not cure) cancer.
- You know that magic vitamin we call C? Lemons are loaded with it which goes a long way to help protect you against other people’s problems like colds and the flu.
- Decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease. Drinking of lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings glow to the skin.
- A few drops of lemon juice in hot water help to clear the digestive system and purify liver as well. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Cucumbers contain silica which aids in keeping connective tissue healthy. This can help reduce sore joints and reduce the risk of tears and strains which can kill any workout.
- Ever notice skin care and spas always show pictures of people with cucumber on their eyes? Cucumber rocks the skin tone! Even better than putting them on your skin, put it under your skin by drinking it. Skin doesn’t form on the outside of your body…it forms from within so why not build it better from the start?
- Limes contain calcium and folate which are a bonus for younger women looking to procreate and for women who are moving in the post-menopausal part of life.
- Limes, like lemons also aid in the cancer combat targeting the colon, stomach and blood. Some studies suggest that the magic juice of a lime stays active longer in your blood.
- Add lime juice to your green tea for a killer taste and health punch.
Now take each individual part of the benefits of a lemon, a lime and a cucumber and add them all together and you have a great drink that is not only refreshing and tastes great but it is one super freakin’ good health drink.
Not everyone is into drinking infused water that allows the fruit or vegetables to get in the end of the straw or into their glass. The solution…a water bottle that keeps the water and fruit/veg separate.
My husband was at a conference last week and the good people at Oracle were offering freshness at their booth and he brought this one home for me.
Place the cut up pieces in the detachable container
Top with water
There are lots of different styles out there…find one that you like and get it. I really love mine.
Here is a search for them to help you start.