Nothing can stop the person with the right mental attitude from achieving their goal; Nothing on earth can help the person with the wrong mental attitude.~Thomas Jefferson
Welcome to 2011!! Before we move forward, let’s take a short look back.
What was great about 2010 for you personally?
What could you have done to have made it better?
What did you learn?
How can you make 2011 even more AWESOME?
As you reflect back on the year that was, take a minute to honestly answer the questions above. If you made mistakes, understand that those are temporary set backs unless you don’t learn from them. That’s when they become inhibitors. When we don’t learn from our past mistakes, we only condemn ourselves to repeat them. Mistakes repeated are choices made poorly. Mistakes learned from are opportunities.
A great new beginning has to start with your health and your body. Without health and a body you are proud of you are limiting yourself.
Your health and how you feel about the way you look will literally affect all the areas of your life. When you feel better about yourself, you have more energy and confidence. At that point you become unstoppable. You find a way to make things happen. You find energy to continue when times are tough and you make the choices that are in your best interest…no matter what. It is life changing.
It’s the first Monday of 2011. Get your butt up and let’s do this. Right here right now. No more I start tomorrow, no more excuses, no more procrastination.
So, here is my list for everyone this year. You want to get in shape, lose weight, then follow these simple rules:
- You don’t want to gain weight, then stop eating junk! Here is my challenge to you. Instead of eating a bag of chips, eat carrots-not exciting but rewarding. Instead of inhaling a container of ice cream, have some fruit. You know what isn’t good for you, so don’t eat it. Name me a person who has packed on 30 pounds of weight by eating a bag of baby carrots at 11 at night.
- If you can’t go up a flight of stairs without losing your breath, then get active! Move more. Don’t say, “While you’re up will you get me this, that or the other thing.” Get your butt up and do it yourself.
- Increase your daily activity to burn more calories. Get off transit one stop early and walk the rest of the way. Get off the elevator two floors before your and take the stairs the rest of the way.
- If you don’t like the way you fit in your jeans or the way clothes fit you? Then exercise! The more you move, the easier it becomes so start! You’ll be loving the way your clothes fit, feel and look in no time.
These rules are what they are. Turn over a new leaf and find out what you need to do to achieve your health goals. None of this is easy. If it was, everyone would be in shape. You WILL have to put some effort into this and it WILL probably take a while to get in shape. That is the honest truth. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will see results.
You didn’t get to the weight you are at or the size you are over night, so don’t ecpect the changes you are looking for to happen that way either. There is NO QUICK FIX, NO SHORTCUT, NO MAGIC PILL, POTION OR LOTION!
Dedication, determination and desire are the beginning of this journey. Commitment to your goals, yourself and your plan are what makes the difference.
8 Tips to give you an advantage in 2011
- Clean your cupboards and fridge – if there’s no junk in them, you have no options for the bad stuff available. No excuses.
- Cut liquid calories – Drink water and unsweetened tea –like hot green or black tea. Lattes are not your friend!
- Keep a detailed log — this alone will help you shed any holiday weight gain. Write down the foods and drinks you consume and track your workouts. It’s the best way to keep track of your success and the first step to being honest with what you actually take into your body.
- Hit the weights – get back to it today — get on it and kick those workouts into high gear. Boot Camp will help 😉
- Eat REAL food. What does that mean? It means eliminating packaged junk and eating REAL foods with loads of nutrients and void of adding sugars and other crappy ingredients. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.
- Get more sleep. Sufficient sleep can help cure disease and help you lose weight? Worth it? Thought so…
- Move more, more often. The more you can move, the better you’ll be.
- Focus. Most people try to do too much. Do a few things great rather than a lot of things poorly and then complain that there’s no time to get it all done. We all have 24 hours in a day…chose how you use it wisely.
Make 2011 the greatest year you have ever had. Make it the year you take control of your health and well-being.
Need more? Watch this video…then try to say your excuse out loud!