Everyone struggles getting up in the morning and getting ready for their day. In a rush to get out the door so many people forget breakfast and then pick up something on their way.
Breakfast can be easy and healthy. It is called the most important meal of the day for a reason.
It is worth spending 5 minutes before you go to bed to have something ready for the next morning. I certainly think it is if you aren’t one of those people who can pop right out of bed bright and early.
If you really can’t spend a few minutes the night before getting your food organized then you really don’t want to achieve your goals! People who are fit and healthy put effort in…so put some effort in and make yourself a nice and yummy breakfast.
We need to think beyond the cereal box.
I start the day with a boot camp protein shake, because it is quick and the variety is endless. It buys me time to get my day started.
Here are a few of my favourite breakfast choices.
Banana Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Makes six large pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats(gluten free)
- 1/2 scoop boot camp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetend almond milk1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract1 egg
- Heat pan or griddle to a low-medium heat and spray with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend well
- Pour batter onto griddle and cook for approximately two minutes per side
- 1/2 banana
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 Tbs. Almond Milk
- 2-3 scoops of boot camp protein
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure to fully mash the banana so you get a smooth even consistency. Continue mixing the batter until bubble start to form. Spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Slowly pour the batter into the waffle iron until the mold is completely filled. Close the iron and cook on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes or until the outside of the waffle is golden brown from the edges of the waffle.
Boot Camp Frittata
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- (use veggies you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and almond milk. Stir sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until center is set. Serve hot or cold.
Prepare enough to last a few days.
Each morning you can prepare a bowl and the variety is endless, add unsweetened almond milk and warm up a bowl:
- sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg
- sprinkle with boot camp protein powder
- top with sliced fresh fruit and almonds or walnuts
More Quick and easy breakfast ideas: