My children love Chicken Fingers but I’m not a fan of what you come across in most restaurants and certainly not the majority of what comes from the grocers freezer.
Additives, preservatives, trans fats and other unknowns bother me.
If you feel the same way and would love a healthy alternative that combines the great taste of pub style chicken fingers with the goodness of home cooking you’ll love these! Making these at home, you control your own ingredients.
- 2 lb. chicken tenders
- 3 large Eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ Splenda brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 c. Chex Mix Cereal
- 1c Coconut Flour
- G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large re-sealable Ziploc bag, combine coconut flour and chicken. Shake until fully coated.
- In another re-sealable Ziploc bag, crush the Chex Cereal into crumbs.
- In one bowl, add Chex crumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip flour coated chicken in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm barbecue sauce, Splenda brown sugar, limejuice, and garlic powder.
- Coat baked chicken in sauce.