Cobbler is a great dessert anytime at all but when summer rolls around it seems to be even better! But if you’re trying to maintain a healthy eating plan it is never part of your diet.
Just a four ounce serving of one of the most popular recipes there is breakdown with:
10 grams of fat
25 grams of sugar
That isn’t part of any healthy diet.
I love cobblers but you won’t catch me eating one with those kinds of nutritional breakdowns.
So the answer to a enjoying cobbler is to have a recipe that is healthier… and here it is!
- Preheat the oven to 375
- If you are using smaller dish servings like a mason jar or ramekin, grease them with coconut oil
- In a bowl mix together your fruit, sweetener, tapioca flour.
- In another bowl mix together your cobbler ingredients.
- You want the cobbler ingredients to be clumpy. If you find it is too dry, you can add 1 tbsp of non dairy milk at a time to get to the right consistency.
- Pour your fruit mixture into your baking dish or individual serving bowls and then top it with your cobbler mix.
- You can sprinkle an additional tablespoon of sweetener and 1 tsp cinnamon over the top of the cobbler before baking. #extra
- Bake for approx 20-25min for a larger baking dish.
- Bake 17-19 min for smaller ramekin size dishes