Rainbow wrap snack time has become a new top request in my home! Either as a great little snack or an awesome lunch choice. They are so easy to make and incredibly versatile.
I know, when you hear ‘Rainbow Wrap’ your mind immediately sends you a picture of a typical wrap with some colorful insides or maybe even a roll from your favorite sushi restaurant.
Hopefully that will all change when you try this Rainbow Wrap because this wrap is made entirely from veggies with an option for protein and of course a few dipping sauces that I know you’ll love!
You start with ditching the conventional wrap and replacing it with a hearty Collard Greens Leaf!
That’s right… a collard leaf!
Now, I was a little hesitant at the thought of using a raw collard leaf. Don’t get me wrong. I love collard greens when they’re cooked, but a big old raw leaf? Absolutely! [Video Below of Both Original & Vegan Version]
Carrie’s Rainbow Wrap
- Collard Leaves
- Red Cabbage
- Rice / Quinoa
- Red Pepper
- jalapeño (optional, but gives a nice kick and a great taste)
- Select collard leaves that are large without any holes. Using a paring knife, trim the spine of the leaf to make it about the thickness of the rest of the leaf. This takes some time and practice but it allows the leaf to bend without breaking.
- Cook your rice or quinoa and allow to cool.
- Cook your chicken the way you like. I used left over grilled chicken breast.
- Julienne the carrot, cucumber, red pepper and red cabbage.
- Lay your collard leaf, spine down and add a couple of teaspoons of rice / quinoa, your chicken and the vegetables.
Fold and roll.
Sauces… I had three sauces for the video.
1) Sriracha & Garlic Aioli
2) Liquid Aminos & Sesame Oil with Green Onion
3) Thai Peanut Sauce
Go ahead and make these for yourself! They are a great recipe to add to your collection, especially with summer and fresh vegetables upon us!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter so you can always be the first to know about what I’m sharing when it comes to your health, fitness and great recipes! Sign up here: carrieburrows.com/nl
PS – Tomorrow I’ll be sharing the sauce recipes in my newsletter.
Vegetarian Rainbow Wrap