1. Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow’s milk. Exceptions: reasonable amounts of low sugar, fat free yogurt.
2. No processed foods. Processed foods are referred to as Food Products more and more because they are the result of a process more than they are an actual food. Think pure, real and natural – raw vegetables, steamed vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and fruits.
3. Limit starch portions. Smaller portions of starchy foods can have benefits when combined properly with the rest of a balanced meal. Good choices are; Sweet Potatoes, beans, oatmeal, whole grains.
4. Bye Bye Booze. Yes, there are studies that indicate some alcoholic beverages have health benefits. Not when you are losing weight or improving your health and fitness levels.
5. A little fruit is great, a lot is not: Apples, pears, plums and berries all are good choices. Fruit should be eaten with something light that can slow the natural sugar uptake by your body. Cottage cheese, all natural peanut or almond butter, lean proteins. NO JUICE.
6. Have lean protein with every meal. Nothing says good calories that help burn increase fat loss like a healthy lean protein choice.
7. No vegetable oils. Use olive oil when you would normally use veg oils.
8. All fats are not created equal. Margarine, fried foods and solid at room temperature fats are the worst. The best is Omega-3, found in fish and flaxseed oil.
9. Eliminate white foods. White bread, white rice, white flour. Have you ever seen any of those in a natural sate? They don’t start white, so how exactly do they become white. Think about what makes white socks whiter.
10. Drink water. Every day, often. No excuses